Halton Borough Councils Sport Development Team implements a number of far-reaching development programmes, working in close consultation and partnership with a range of national, regional and local organisations, including Sport England, National Governing Bodies and Halton Sports Partnership.
Sport & Recreation Manager
- Strategic Planning and Management for Sport in Halton
- Tel: 0151 511 8370
Children & Young People Participation
- Increasing participation in Sport and Physical Activity for Children and Young People age 5-25.
- Working with partners and young people to develop holiday programmes and evening and weekend activities.
- Supporting local clubs and activities with an aim to get people into clubs and sustain regular activity sessions.
- Tel: 0151 511 7869
- Increasing participation in Sport and Physical Activity for adults age 25+
- Working with community groups and partners, developing community lead activities and exit routes for Health Improvement programs. Supporting over 100 activities each week on the Get Active timetables and Walking for Health programs.
- Support partners and Community Groups set up and sustain new activities.
- Tel: 0151 511 8550
- Developing & strengthening the club base in Halton, linking with Governing Bodies of Sport.
- Providing information and support for Volunteers, Coaches, Clubs & Committees
- Funding & Grants information for groups and individuals in Halton
- Club Development Plans, Club Matters, Infrastructure, Education & Workshops
- Tel: 0151 511 8603
- Schools SLA, Holiday Programmes, Outreach activity
- Health Improvement links to promote community/school to clubs links
- Community Sessions and Couch to 5K
- Tel: 0151 511 8871
Sports Development Grants & Schemes
Halton Borough Council’s Sports Development team have a number of grants that are available for assistance with club development, individual sports people and sports coaches in the borough.
The fund is an amount of money set-aside annually by the Council’s Executive Board and administered by the Sports Development Team. Its primary purpose is to assist local clubs and organisations that, through their activities provide sports development benefit to the inhabitants of the Borough.
This fund is for those individual sports people who live in Halton and get to a level in their sport which requires further financial assistance. Although there is no limit on age, preference will be given to those under 21 years of age.
The Halton Volunteer Incentive Scheme has been devised in partnership with Halton Sports Partnership, and Halton Borough Council, the scheme aims to recruit, reward, recognise, and support young volunteers aged from 8 years upwards, and mentors, who are dedicating their time voluntary to the sporting sector of Halton.
If you want to sign up to the scheme, please call 0151 511 8603.
This fund is specifically for coach development, and is aimed at those people who wish to become a new coach, gain a new qualification or develop onto another level of coaching. You must live in the Borough of Halton or be affiliated to a club in the borough and be a minimum of age 16 years.
If you wish to make an application of any of the above funding streams, you will need to download the word document by clicking on the form, completing it, and submit it through Halton Online Grants .