Dear Parent /Guardian,
Please read the following update regarding your child’s swimming lessons.
Here at Active Halton we pride ourselves in offering the highest standard of swimming lessons. In order to maintain these high standards, there are a few things we would like to tell you about.
- We ask that you arrive with time to spare before your lesson in order to swipe your membership card at reception, ALL CUSTOMERS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN IN AT RECEPTION UPON ENTERING THE CENTRE. Please do not be tempted to walk straight through (Replacement cards can be purchased at reception for £2).
- Children of any age on the Learn to Swim Programme must not be left unattended in the building. All parents/guardians must remain visible throughout the lesson in case we need to contact you.
- Please drop off and collect your child on time to ensure the teacher can start the lessons without delay, Parents are not allowed to sit on poolside whilst waiting for the lesson to start or during lessons unless given permission from the class teacher.
- Please be aware that children under the age of 8 yrs old are not permitted to use the pool outside of their swimming lesson without a responsible adult in the water with them.
- Your child will have been allocated a colour co-ordinated swim cap which represents the stage they are currently in. We kindly request that these hats are worn during every lesson. The swim caps are issued for so we can identify which stage your child is in, to help your child swim more streamlined and to help with pool hygiene. If your child is allergic to latex, please let the swim instructor know as we can make exceptions for allergies. Alternatively, if you wish to provide your own non latex cap this is allowed. (Replacement hats can be purchased at reception for £2).
- We require that girls wear a one piece swim costume and boys wear swim trunks/shorts that do not pass the knee. This is to ensure your child’s swim costume does not hinder their safety or swimming.
- Please ensure your child uses the toilet before entering the pool.Electronic device are not allowed during lesson time, due to safeguarding policies we ask you to please refrain from taking pictures and videos during the swimming lessons.
- When you wish to cancel swimming lessons, a cancellation letter must be handed into reception before the 12th of the month to be cancelled in time for the following month. This includes cancellations for completion of the Learn to Swim Programme.
We hope your child/children enjoy their lessons with the Active Halton Learn to Swim Programme.
Active Halton Swim Tea,