FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
We are all spending more time at home than we might like!
But of course our advice is to stay safe and follow the corona virus guidelines.
Staying physically active is more important than ever, even if it is just in small chunks around the house. We can leave our homes for exercise, maybe a walk or a run but remember to keep your distance and follow guidelines to help prevent the virus spreading.
Being active is good for our physical and mental wellbeing, it will help us be more resilient and improve our immunity. Being active helps our NHS. Do check back with us mid-May when we would can offer information about a phased return to exercise classes and health walks.
The links provided below will help you find advice about sport and being active for all health conditions. There is a great selection of free online exercise sessions from gentle chair based exercise to high intensity workouts.
Keeping people active with lots of great advice and links to exercise classes and workouts including couch to 5K, Join the Movement, NHS workouts and much more:
- What you can do https://merseysidesport.com/covid-19-what-providers-can-do/
- Supporting our sector https://merseysidesport.com/covid-19-sector-support/
- Active at home booklet to support older adults stay active and mobile at home
- Sport England Autumn & Winter Toolkit link here https://www.sportengland.org/how-we-can-help/coronavirus/return-play/autumn-and-winter-activity-toolkit
Locally in Halton
Many of our local Active Halton partners/leisure centres and community exercise coaches are providing exercise classes on Zoom and videos on Facebook to continue their business and support you stay active online, check out our timetable and speak with your regular coach or leisure centre for further details.
- Zoom Community Class Timetable
- Health Improvement Team Activity Calendar – For further details please contact Tel. 0300 029 0029 or 0151 511 5371 Email: HIT@halton.gov.uk
For further information about Community Physical Activity in Halton call:
Paula Parle 0151 511 8550
Do check our social media/web pages for updates or shared ideas:
Leave comments, let us know what you are doing, and maybe use hashtags #activehalton #HaltOnLonliness
Taking part in online exercise/ activity classes
As with all exercise programs, you need to use common sense. Choose an exercise program/activity that’s suitable for you. Ensure you are fit and well to take part, make sure you are warmed-up, keep well hydrated and stop if you feel unwell. You take part at your own risk and should seek medical advice if appropriate.