We are all spending more time at home than we might like! But of course our advice is to stay at home, stay safe and follow the Covid-19 advice.
Staying physically active is more important than ever, and so we are happy to share some information to help people stay active in Halton.
The Sport England website contains some great information and links to help people stay active at home during Covid-19, #StayInWorkOut, including suggestions for Apps, links to social media pages and downloadable documents which could be attached to emails or printed for post to those who do not go online. The website contains various links to workouts from simple chair based exercise to more intensive forms of exercise, NHS chair based exercises through to Joe Wicks High Intensity workouts: https://www.sportengland.org/stayinworkout
Links to Sport England social media pages:
Other useful links:
- Active at Home – Public Health England
- Family Games
- NHS chair based exercise downloadable:
- NHS 10-minute workouts
- Age UK have exercise advice for older adults, information and advice section
- Arthritis Action have lots of chair base exercise videos
- Later Life Training YouTube channel
- Ramblers walking for health Step challenge #Roamsweethome
- Reducing the risk of falling during Covid 19 lockdown including simple advice and exercises to do at home
- Why not dig out any old exercise videos/dvds?
- Remember if you are out walking/running, taking in some fresh air and enjoying any natural sights, keep your distance.
Locally in Halton:
Do check our social media/web pages for updates, workouts and shared ideas:
- Fresh Start Weight Management Group
- Instagram – @activehaltonleisurecentres
Leave comments, let us know what you are doing, and maybe use hashtags #activehalton #HaltOnLonliness
Some of our local Active Halton partners/community exercise coaches are providing exercise videos on Facebook and some are using Zoom to continue their business online, speak with your regular coach for further details.
If you require a PDF version of documents including Halton’s chair based exercises, or NHS chair based exercises email: Paula.email@example.com tel: 0151 511 8550
Taking part in online exercise/ activity classes:
As with all exercise programs, you need to use common sense. Choose an exercise program/activity that’s suitable for you. Ensure you are fit and well to take part, make sure you are warmed-up, keep well hydrated and stop if you feel unwell. You take part at your own risk and should seek medical advice before starting a new program if appropriate.